Linux System Administrator
The role will be 100% remote for now #socialdistancing. Eventually, it will convert into an onsite role in Toronto, ON. We are only accepting applications from residents of Canada.
OERP Canada is looking for a full-time, experienced LINUX System Administrator to help maintain our operations and support our Odoo application deployment team which deploys the Odoo Business Application suite for our clients. The successful candidate will have a technical background in LINUX, experience with hosting, web and proxy servers, database administration, mail routing, network security, strong communication skills, and the willingness and ability to think creatively and flexibly. A desire to learn is an important requirement of being part of our team.
This position is both creative and rigorous by nature you need to think outside the box. We expect the candidate to be proactive and have a "get it done" spirit.
- Manage cloud and on-premise hosting environments
- Endless security improvements
- Improve automation tools
- Improve scripting
- Technical support as needed
- Ubuntu / Debian server
- Security best practices: Firewalls & WAF
- Automation Tools and Server scripting
- Functional knowledge of networking: VPNs, DNS, mail routing and delivery, etc.
- University degree or 3-5 years of work experience
Nice to have
- PostgreSQL high availability, load balancing and replication
- Virtualization: vmware, vSphere, KVM
- VCS/Git working knowledge
What's great in the job?
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture
- No dumb managers, no stupid tools to use, no rigid working hours
- No waste of time in enterprise processes
- Expand your knowledge of various systems
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company